Express Entry Applicant worries, Application Timeline, Points to Ponder

Free Canada Immigration Consultancy - Fill up and Submit

This post has been viewed 5,435 times

Hello Readers,

First of all apologies for not posting anything for a while, we have been quite busy with NS PNP and other candidate applications.

Today’s article is dedicated to getting you up and running with what’s happening with the Express Entry world.

Point to Ponder –

Express entry system has become translucent, ruthless and needs urgent attention before it becomes one of the most hated immigration system out of all countries. Candidate rejections are untimely, without any need. Even completed applications are being rejected by mistake and the candidates are stuck in the loop to get them reopened.

First and most important point – CIC issued it’s 61st Express Entry draw on  May 4, 2017, at 12:20:49 UTC calling candidates with CRS score of 423 and higher resulting in 3,796 invitations.

This can be called as a bumper draw and gives us a total of 39,769 Invitations issued so far with EE draws since JAN 2017. Now, this number is mind boggling considering that we are in May 2017 with 7 more months to go and CIC intends to issue somewhere around 80,000 PR’s this year. Imagining that each invitation carries 2 people along, we are already over the quota allocation for this year. However in a recent report CIC confirmed approx 15-20% applications lead to rejections leaving us with 60-70% applications converting to PR.

Now, with the increased number of invitations in each draw,  technically we are expecting increased processing times with every draw passing by. The applicants from JAN 17 had a good time with their applications processed readily under 2-3 months time frame, with meds taking less than 30 days for over 90% of the candidates. The applicants from Feb have taken over 60 days in over 25% cases to pass meds and some are still awaiting as CIC started processing of March applicants. One of our MARCH 11 FSWO candidate has already passed her medicals.

This processing time will be a cause of concern for the applicants of April onward, where the waiting time can exceed 6 months easily.

For those, who are below 400 CRS Score, the following graph floating on Internet with some impressive calculations is a ray of hope.

Takeaway’s from this graph calculations –

• Conservative estimate: CRS goes under 400 on July 26
  • Regular estimate: CRS goes under 400 on July 5 (Likely Scenario)
  • Optimistic estimate: CRS goes under 400 on June 21

Coming to the Provincial Nominations, Ontario PNP has confirmed that –

“The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) will resume issuing Notifications of Interest (NOIs) to applicants who qualify for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities (HCP) Stream on a weekly basis.”

The stream will as usual be opened and closed to regulate inflow of applications and processing time. With the system going online, the candidates are expected to receive better services and less than usual clearance timings. However, we can confirm that PNP candidates are not having any advantage over other streams. PNP’s are facing unusually longer PR processing time with their applications taking over 8-10 months to process.

Another point to ponder is the recent rejections, where CIC agents are crucifying applications with careless rejections at various stages. Even a missing PCC rejection is coming after 3 months of application submission, which is completely unacceptable. Candidates are being rejected for missing PCC, medical rejections, not uploading a PCC where the candidate has a total stay period between 5-6 months, while the requirements are clearly stated for above 6 months.

CIC needs to increase the service transparency, which has taken a huge hit since the inception of Express Entry as compared to immigration system of other countries like Australia, which essentially remains unmatched.

The province of NOVA SCOTIA is accepting PNP Applications, apply today with – consultant@oopnp.com

mm
at
Rachael Clark is an Immigration Consultant with an experience of over 7 years working with candidates across Europe. With a success rate of over 80% candidates receiving provincial nomination, Rachael writes on a number of subjects. More information is published on OOPNP.com

22 thoughts on “Express Entry Applicant worries, Application Timeline, Points to Ponder

• May 14, 2017 at 9:36 am

Hello Rachael.

I submitted my complete application on May 19th. I am yet to receive any update regarding my application, medical and other details. I plan to immigrate with my husband and son.

When can I expect any correspondence from CIC with regard to my application?

Thank you.

• mm
      May 14, 2017 at 7:45 pm

Go to hibernate mode for at least 3 months. Even feb is yet to get meds pass. Wait is longer now my friend.

• August 25, 2017 at 11:56 pm

Hi
        how r u
        I am in express entry pool as of 4th April 2017. My crs score is only 354 but since my work experience comes under the code 2282 -user support technicians …and my ielts score is good I received a notification of interest from ontario on June 29th 2017.
        but since they have asked to get the reference letters from all the companies I have worked for. .it took some time to arrange for the reference letters and also the funds..
        by the time I did that they went on hold as of 25th July 2017.
        now it is already almost one month gone and they have not yet opened .
        I am worried..
        when will they open..
        pls let me know

• May 14, 2017 at 4:32 pm

Hello Rachael,

My application was rejected owing to a”missing PCC”; however the PCC was uploaded with all the documents. I have confirmed and re-confirmed the presence of the document. A CSE has also been filed to this regard. What can I expect from CIC in this matter? Thank you!

Sincerely,

Ronak

• mm
      May 14, 2017 at 7:44 pm

Honestly, CIC may not accept your case again even if the PCC was present.

It’s better to get back in the pool at the earliest and move on with a new application, while your CSE is resolved.

If something happens by the time you get ITA and ready to submit, fine stay with first or else go with second. It’s a hit and miss case with CIC these days.

All the best.

• May 15, 2017 at 12:29 am

“we are already over the quota allocation for this year”
    Really? I think family members should be counted towards family class quota, right?

• mm
      May 30, 2017 at 8:27 am

Nope, if you are taking your family along it will be counted in EE.

• May 18, 2017 at 8:50 am

Hello Rachael,
    I would request to provide your view/suggestions for my case.
    ITA=24 Jan
    My AOR= 31 Jan 2017,
    Medical Passed = Somewhere between 14-18 Feb 2017,
    BG= NA until now.

Well my query is that I quit my current job and joined a new company. I did send the information to CIC via web form with the “Acceptance of Resignation” certificate of my previous company, as well as the offer letter from the new company.

I received an email with the following details….

Dear client,
    Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm the reception of your document. We have forwarded it to the responsible office for their consideration.
    Since your file is located at a Canadian visa office, we invite you to contact them too in order to:

Report important changes,
    Provide documents,
    Obtain information regarding the status of your application, or
    Enquire on an outcome of a request.

You will find the complete list of visa offices on our website.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:
    · Download application forms and guides
    · Change of address
    · Check your application status
    · Help Centre

So Could you please tell me what does it mean by “Since your file is located at a Canadian visa office, we invite you to contact them “???
    They only said Canadian visa office and i dont know which one. Do i have to provide information to Canadian Visa Office as well??? Or since they say my file is at a visa office, can I except PPR soon??

Please suggest…..

• mm
      May 30, 2017 at 8:26 am

To be honest, you do not have to report change of jobs to CIC.

I do not get it, why you want to inform them about this. What’s your stream FSWO or CEC ?

Your new job does not make any difference to your application, just let it be at the stage it is. Informing CIC will not make any difference, it will only delay your app further may be a month or two.

Your decision.

• May 31, 2017 at 12:10 pm

Hello..i belong to CEC having 445 scores. What are my chances in next draw..im confused

• June 14, 2017 at 2:07 am

Hi Rachael, its really a point to worry if they miss out our documents and reject on that basis. Also, I have a query that my job designation doesn’t match with duties assigned so what should be written on reference letter. Shall I decide my NOC code on duties base and fill designation as held earlier? Will that affect negatively? My crs is 435 but still confused to apply in EE. Thanks in advance.

• mm
      June 15, 2017 at 7:53 am

Hi there,
      If your NOC and duties do not match, that’s a case of confirmed rejection on very first check. It’s one of the biggest reason of rejection in EE system.

• June 14, 2017 at 4:53 am

Hi Rachel,

According to CIC every change should be informed in timely manner, what if they chexknyour BG status and you are no longer in the same job? Isn’t it count as misrepresentation towards your case?

• mm
      June 15, 2017 at 7:53 am

Hi,
      If your employer can verify the duties and details mentioned in the reference letter, you need not inform change of job.

• June 14, 2017 at 5:06 am

Hi Rachel i hv a concern i su mitted my occ from my home country from 2007 till date. I visted ther me in march and got it issued while there and left country 11 days later and its valid for 180 days from 31st march. Aor is 17th May. Secondly in 2007 i was 22 years old. Would that be an issue

• mm
      June 15, 2017 at 7:54 am

Your PCC should be issued once you have left the country, not while you are still there. It will be a problem.

• June 14, 2017 at 8:26 am

CEC aor march 16 medical pass April9 nothing change in my profile how long will take more for ppr

• mm
      June 15, 2017 at 7:54 am

CEC is quicker, you should be done by july.

• September 23, 2017 at 7:49 pm

I have a job letter of canada in surry.Bc.plz tell me when skilled trade workers poll held.

• June 23, 2017 at 5:26 am

Hello there!!i was wondering i got and an invitation on 19 and i entered 2 years of my work experience but when i got my record of employment it shows 7 days less than 2 year but my hours are full time..i just want to know is there any problem with that or they will refuse my application just because i am 7 days short!!i was on training and it was unpaid!!can you please help in that situation..what should i do now really worrried!!

• August 26, 2017 at 12:10 am

Hi
    I am in express entry pool as of April 4 th 2017. The crs score is only 354. But since my work experience matches the demand list noc code 2282. I received a notification of interest from notation on June 29th 2017. But by the time I could arrange for the reference letters ..they have gone on hold since 25th July 2017….
    1. Any idea when they will open again
    2. The company mentioned the job title as technical support officer for the noc code 2282…the duties match the noc code. ..but the title for noc code 2282 is showing as user support technicians. ..but my title is technical support officer ..is that OK ??
    Kindly let me know

• August 26, 2017 at 12:14 am

Hi
    in my previous comment
    where I have mentioned my crs score as only 354.
    I meant the province ONTARIO sent me the notification of interest under the noc code 2282…

In my previous comment there is a spelling mistake instead of ontario. .it auto corrected to notation.
    sorry about that.