Recently, we have received over 100 emails asking for clarifications regarding the whole process of Ontario PNP nominations, following which we decided to create a quick one page guide for you.
This guide includes the cheat sheet, tips, details of application process and possibly everything which may concern you. The important points are marked in RED.
POINTS TO NOTE –
- Ontario has a minimum cut-off score of 400, above this score, IT IS RANDOMLY sending NOI (Notification of Interest) to candidates from express entry pool. 27 Candidates working with us have received NOI and submitting their apps currently.
- There is no basis of getting NOI, recreating profile in Express entry seems to have helped a lot of clients.
- Once you get NOI, you have to follow the process explained below to submit your application. THE NOI STANDS VALID FOR 6 MONTHS.
- Once you register on OneKey portal, you get 14 days to submit your application, BUT YOU CAN WITHDRAW ANYTIME IN 14 DAYS AND RESTART THE WHOLE PROCESS EFFECTIVELY within the next 6 months. Which essentially means you can get extended time frame if you need to submit your profile and not able to gather all documents within 14 days.
- YOU CAN ONLY SUBMIT YOUR APP WITHIN 6 MONTHS OF GETTING NOI, provided the program is OPEN and accepting application, it should not be on PAUSED state.
Steps to apply for Ontario PNP –
1. LOGGING IN THROUGH ONe-key
– You must create a ONe-key account and log in before you can access the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) e-Filing Portal.
– The following browsers are supported by the e-Filing Portal: Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Apple Safari. Please ensure that your browser is updated with the most recent version.
– Please ensure that you access the ONe-key link from the applicable stream web page on the OINP’s websit
– If you are redirected to a ONe-key page asking for an Enrollment Number and PIN, this is a system error. You must click on the applicable link above and set up a new ONe-key account by clicking on “Don’t have a ONe-key ID? Sign up now!” After registering, you should be directed automatically to the OINP e-Filing Portal.
– If you forget your ONe-key password, you can recover your password by answering the security questions you set up during ONe-key account registration. If you have forgotten your ONe-key ID, you will need to create a new ONe-key ID and password, unless you provided your email address during registration. If so, please follow the on-screen instructions to retrieve your ONe-key ID. ONe-key will send you an e-mail containing your ONe-key ID. .
2. REGISTERING A PROFILE
– You must register a profile in the OINP e-Filing Portal for each stream to which you would like to apply. Note: you may only submit one application per stream.
– You must not open more than one window/browser tab at a time when registering a profile. This will create errors and lead to duplicate registrations.
– If you have made an error entering your name or your date of birth while registering, you must contact the OINP by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a correction. You will need to complete the Change of Personal Information form. For more information, please see section 8: Making Changes after Application Submission.
– If your registration is successfully submitted, you will receive a case number, as well as a confirmation email to the email address provided in your profile. From there, you will be redirected to the main page of your OINP e-Filing Portal where you can access and complete your application.
– Note: The OINP has implemented an intake limit for certain streams. As such, the program will only accept a certain number of registrations at one time. Once the intake limit has been reached, you will be unable to submit a registration. Please monitor the OINP website for news and updates on when streams will be reopened.
– You may only register for the Human Capital Priorities Stream or the French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream after you have received a Notification of Interest from Ontario through your Express Entry online account with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
3. AUTHORIZING A REPRESENTATIVE
– If you have a representative, your representative must first register for a ONe-key account. Once logged into the OINP e-Filing Portal, the individual must register with the OINP as a representative and complete a profile on your behalf. Once the profile is submitted, you will receive two emails from the OINP indicating that your representative has created a profile on your behalf. The first email will include your enrollment number and the second will include your PIN number. You will need to register for a ONe-key account using these two numbers.
Once you are logged in to your account, you can authorize your representative by clicking on “Authorize” found on the section entitled “My Representative”. Your representative will only be able to complete your online application once he/she/they has/have been authorized to do so by you.
– If you have already created a profile in the OINP e-Filing Portal and you now wish to authorize a representative, you must complete the following steps:
o Provide your representative with the application number found under “Case Number” on the main page of your OINP e-Filing Portal.
o Your representative must then log in to his/her/their ONe-key account and select “Add an Existing Application” on his/her/their main page. o Your representative will need to enter your “Case Number” and your email address in the boxes provided.
o Once the application is found, your representative can click on “Add this Application”.
o At that time, you will receive an email notification from the OINP asking you to log in to your ONe-key account to authorize this representative. You can do so by clicking on “Authorize” found on the section entitled “My Representative”.
o Once authorized, your representative will be able to log in to his/her/their ONe-key account and view and/or continue your application. o Note: Any fields that you have already filled out in your application will appear as read-only for your representative.
– You can cancel your representative by logging into your ONe-key account and selecting “Cancel” under the “My Representative” section. Once you have cancelled your representative, he/she/they will no longer be able to access any information about your application with the OINP, nor will he/she/they be authorized to conduct any business on your behalf.
4. COMPLETING THE APPLICATION
Masters Graduate Stream: – After you successfully register a profile, you must submit your application to the OINP within 14 calendar days.
PhD Graduate Stream: – After you successfully register a profile, you must submit your application to the OINP within 14 calendar days.
Human Capital Priorities (HCP) Stream: – After you successfully register a profile, you must submit your application to the OINP within 14 calendar days.
– Any NOIs sent as of February 23, 2017 will be valid for six months for applications to the HCP stream.
French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream: – Under the French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream, you must submit your application within 45 calendar days from the date that your Notification of Interest from Ontario was issued.
Entrepreneur Stream: – Once you receive an invitation to apply, you have 90 days to submit an application under the Entrepreneur Stream. There is no deadline to register an Expression Of Interest for this stream.
For All Streams:
– You can save your application and return to it at any time, provided that you submit it within the deadlines outlined above. There are three ways to save your application: o Click the “Save” button at the bottom right corner of each page. Use this button to save as you go (recommended to ensure that none of your information is lost if you lose connectivity while completing your application); o Click the “Next” or “Previous” buttons at the bottom of each page; or o Click the “Check for Errors” button at the bottom right corner of each page.
– Please do not open multiple browser tabs/pages to access and/or complete your online application. This can create errors in your application.
– Note that saving your incomplete application does not submit your application to the program. Your application will only be submitted once you have answered all mandatory questions, uploaded all required documentation, and paid your application fee.
– To determine whether you have missed any mandatory questions or to see if there are errors in your application, click the “Check for Errors” button at the bottom right corner of each page or at the end of your application. Please ensure that you click on the red circle beside the section header when reviewing your errors. If you click directly on the section hyperlink, the errors will disappear.
– Once you make the payment, your application will be submitted to the OINP and you will not be able to make any changes.
– Your application will not be deemed complete until it is assessed as such by the OINP. If your application is found to be incomplete, it will not be processed and your payment will be refunded.
5. UPLOADING SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
– Some users have experienced difficulties uploading and/or viewing their uploaded documents. If you receive an error when uploading a document, you should first exit out of your browser and log in again. If the error persists, send an email to OINP.technicalPOCI.email@example.com providing a description of the issue and citing the error message.
– The OINP no longer requires original hard copies of your supporting documents. All supporting documents must be scanned and uploaded in your online application. This includes copies of your degree and transcripts.
– Please ensure that all supporting documents are clear and legible. Documents that are blurry or illegible will not be accepted.
– Your supporting documents must be uploaded using one of the accepted document formats: .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, .pdf, .rtf, .txt, .jpeg, .bmp, .png, .gif, or .tiff.
– The maximum file size is 10MB per document. It is recommended that you scan your documents at a lower resolution to reduce the size of your documents and allow for a faster upload.
– Please ensure that all pages for a specific document are uploaded into one file (if the size limit permits). For example, all pages of a passport should appear in one file, rather than a separate file for each passport page.
– If a supporting document is provided in a language other than English or French, you must provide a copy of the document and a complete, certified translation of the document. If you are applying from within Ontario, the translations must be completed by a certified translator accredited by the Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario (ATIO). If you are applying from outside Ontario, the translation can be completed by any translator; however, the translation must be notarized.
6. PAYING THE FEE
– Before you can submit your application, you must pay the application fee online.
– You will only be able to pay the fee once you have answered all mandatory questions and uploaded all required documentation. Once ready, you will be redirected to CCPay, where you will be required to make an electronic payment by credit card (VISA or MasterCard). Note: The OINP e-Filing system does not store any personal banking or credit card information. After you have successfully paid the processing fee, your application will be submitted to the OINP. You will receive an email acknowledging receipt of your application, as well as a payment receipt.
– The program has been advised that some applicants are not receiving their acknowledgement email and payment receipt. Please check your junk folder to verify whether the email was misdirected. If you still have not received an acknowledgement email, you can confirm the status of your application in the OINP E-Filing Portal. If the status beside your application indicates ‘Submitted’, your application has been successfully submitted to the program.
– If you have submitted your application and made payment, but your status in the OINP eFiling Portal reads “waiting for submission”, please contact your bank/financial institution or review your credit card statement. If there is a record of payment, please be advised that the OINP has received your application and will soon issue an acknowledgement email confirming that your application and payment were successfully received.
– Note: the OINP cannot process an application fee unless an application has been received. The “waiting for submission” case status is a system error that the OINP is working to resolve as soon as possible.
– Please note that fees are non-refundable (unless your application is deemed to be incomplete). The Province of Ontario charges fees to recover the cost of administering the OINP. Since the application fee helps pay for the cost of processing applications, fees will not be refunded if the application is refused, if the applicant withdraws the application at any stage of the process after payment is submitted, or if the province cancels or withdraws the nomination.
7. CHECKING YOUR STATUS
– After you have submitted your application, you can log into the OINP e-Filing Portal through your ONe-key account to check the status of your application. Look for the column labeled ‘Status’ on your main page. As your application makes its way through the various processing stages, your application status will be updated.
– Please ensure that you check your status online before sending an inquiry to the OINP.
– Note: If you have submitted an application and your payment, but your application status reads as “waiting for submission”, this is a system error that the OINP is working to resolve as soon as possible.
8. MAKING CHANGES AFTER APPLICATION SUBMISSION
– You must notify the OINP of any changes to information provided in your application, including (but not limited to): o Change in contact information o Change in immigration status (expiration or change in temporary work permit)
o Change in family composition due to:
- Marriage or common-law relationship
- Birth of a child
- Change of custody of a child
– After you submit your application, you will only be able to make changes to your telephone number, email address and country of residence online. You can do so by logging into the OINP e-Filing Portal and clicking on “My Profile” on your main page. After the change has been made, click “Save”.
– For all other changes, you must complete the Change of Personal Information form. Once completed, you must send the form by email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject line “Application Change Notice – [File number]”.
– You must not send in additional documents and/or information to the OINP unless you need to notify the program of a change, or unless you have received a request for additional information. In both cases, you must contact the OINP via email. Paper documents will no longer be accepted by mail or in person.
9. OTHER TECHNICAL ISSUES
– Due to a high volume of visitors, you may experience delays or errors when accessing the OINP e-Filing Portal. When this occurs, please continue to monitor the page, hit refresh or try again later. Please do not open multiple browser tabs/pages to access the OINP eFiling Portal. This can create errors in your registration/application.
– If there are functionality issues with the system while you are in the process of completing your application, you may lose data entered on the application page you were on at that time if you have not saved the information manually. The information completed in the previous pages will be automatically saved. It is recommended that you click the “save” button as you complete the fields within a tab to ensure that your information is saved should you lose your connection.
– If you experience technical issues, send an email to the OINP at OINP.technical-POCI.email@example.com and include as much detail as possible about the issue. OINP staff will review your email and respond to you as soon as possible.
Hope this guide helped resolve your concerns.