CIC has announced 55th Express Entry draw and as per our prediction, the CRS cut-off is 441 with 3,611 invitations.
With launch of Ontario Provincial Nomination on 400 CRS Cut-off, there is high possibility of this cut off score to go higher after next couple of draws if Provincial Nomination programs have to stay relevant.
With CIC groundbreaking 54th express entry draw with higher number of invitations at 3,600+ and a score of 447 Cut-Off, applicants across the world have another reason to celebrate.
Ontario PNP has announced opening of 2017 PNP nominations which will start next week and the notification of cut-offs will be announced on Feb 21st.
Next week, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) will be reopening and launching online applications for the:
1) International PhD Graduate Stream
2) International Masters Graduate Stream, and
3) Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream.
Ontario PNP office published number of facts like –
- 98% of the nominees with Ontario PNP received PR.
- Compared to last year quota of 5,500 applicants, this year the quota is raised to 6,000 (an increase of 500 applications)
- Applicants to the International Masters Graduate Stream will be able to apply if they are residing in Ontario or abroad, and will have the option of obtaining their language test through an additional service provider.
- The program is continuing to move to a online application portal / paperless system in 2017, making it easier to apply and speeding up processing and providing better customer services.
- Applications for these three streams will be accepted online only – International Masters Graduate Stream, the International PhD Graduate Stream and the Ontario Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream.
- Just like in year 2015 and 16, all of these streams will pause and reopen periodically throughout the year.
- The OINP is also modernizing its application process this year with a new, paperless online system, which will speed up the application process, improve customer service, and help employers find the skilled workers they need sooner.
In the recent CIC draws, almost 12,000+ applicants have been invited for PR application and looks like the home run is going to continue further in the next draws to come. It’s just a matter of time, when this number has to stabilize to a reasonable number since higher number of invitations are resulting in higher processing times and it will only create backlog for CIC officers.
The last prediction for 54th draw from OOPNP was on target with prediction of lower cut off and high number of invitations, we believe this will continue for at least the next 2-3 draws before the scores drop to somewhere around 425-435 bracket. Approximately 10,000+ candidates will be invited in total until end of March, which means each of the next draw will have minimum 3,000+ invitations.
Now the big question looms – How much will be Ontario PNP cut-off ?
The recent CIC draws have provided us with some hint with the dropping cut-off scores, it is believed that the Ontario PNP cut-off will go lower than 400 or will remain at 400. CIC Canada draws and Ontario PNP cut-off need to have a respectable gap in order for people to opt for PNP. Otherwise, applicants would rather wait for cut-off to go lower instead of going with provincial nomination route. But again, this is just a speculation right now.
Possibly the CRS in future draws increase to become stable around 450 leaving room for applicants to opt for provincial nominations.
We are eagerly waiting for 21st Feb 2017 for Ontario PNP update and 22nd February 2017 for 55th Draw to update you guys on what’s next on Canadian Immigration.