CIC 51st Draw – 4th January 2017 – 468 Cut-off with 2902 Invitations

Free Canada Immigration Consultancy - Fill up and Submit

This post has been viewed 2,111 times

Hello Readers,

It has been a good start for all Canadian Immigration Aspirants with CIC declaring 51st Draw under Express Entry rules with a score of 468 cut-off and 2902 Invitations. This being the very first draw of the year 2017 has raised hopes across the globe for Canadian Immigration Aspirants that the scores will continue to see a drop as we move to next draws in this year.

It is expected that Ontario will start its provincial nomination invitations by the of January and CIC draws will continue bi-weekly with scores expected to drop up to 450 by end of February if the trend of 2,500 Invitations in each draw continues. The Saskatchewan provincial nomination program is also expected to open before 15th February 2017 and is expected to accept at least 1,000 applications.

With CIC back to releasing new draws on Wednesday, it is assumed that most of the cases where the applicants were unable to receive updated scores from new rules set forth after 19th November 2016 now stands resolved and the new draws are being released with updated scores.

It has been a good start for Canadian Hiring trends too since our LMIA candidates for Financial roles have their interviews scheduled from 9th January 2017 and will continue till 27th January 2017 with roles expected in Manitoba, Saskatchewan and very few in Ontario. The province of Ontario remains hotspot for candidates and is expected to release their new provincial nomination program with some new rules and a cut-off score around 400.

This story is still under update.

mm
at
Rachael Clark is an Immigration Consultant with an experience of over 7 years working with candidates across Europe. With a success rate of over 80% candidates receiving provincial nomination, Rachael writes on a number of subjects. More information is published on OOPNP.com

50 thoughts on “CIC 51st Draw – 4th January 2017 – 468 Cut-off with 2902 Invitations

• January 4, 2017 at 9:03 pm

hey Rachael… thanks for your valuable feedback on this platform…..
    whats the chance for 443..?
    can u zero in to the month atleast…. an educated guess plz…!!!

January 4, 2017 at 9:27 pm

We expect in Q2 2017 but a more educated guess will depend upon how OINP shapes up once they start issuing nominations.

• January 4, 2017 at 9:44 pm

Well this is hopeful. At least now I can see 465 having a good chance of getting an ITA possibly in the next few draws. What are your predictions?

January 4, 2017 at 10:01 pm

Possibly the very next draw.

• January 4, 2017 at 9:50 pm

Any chances for 461

January 4, 2017 at 10:02 pm

Possibly the very next draw or in February.

• January 4, 2017 at 10:00 pm

Hi Rachel,

I have a score of 668 and have following questions:
    a. how long does it take ITA to show up in my inbox?
    b. Does IRCC takes into account the drop in score due to change in age from the time I applied to the time I got the invitation? When I applied I was 30 yrs old (Oct’16) and had 468 score, on Jan 15 I will be turning 31 that will bring down my scores to 463.

January 4, 2017 at 10:03 pm

You should get it within next few hours and may take upto 24 hours. The age at the time of receiving ITA, if your points drop between ITA and submission of documents, it has no relevance.

• January 5, 2017 at 12:20 am

Hello! What is your expectation for 456?
    Can we get an ITA soon?

January 5, 2017 at 12:22 am

Possibly by February you should have it.

• January 5, 2017 at 12:46 am

II am married, but i applied alone saying my wife will not accompany me to canada because i had 475 points applying alone, but with wife i had 461 points.
    So could you please suggest me wether I should apply with unaccompanying spouse( because i already have ITA with 475 points) or wait for the points to drop to 461 bexause i want to take my wife to canada as well.
    Will this cause any issues or problems??

January 5, 2017 at 12:51 am

Wait for 461, it should come down soon.

• January 5, 2017 at 1:36 am

Hi Rachael,

quick question, my wife is pregnant and if I got ITA, my wife will not be able to do X-RAY, then will I pass R10 check? I’ masking because I want to apply BOWP.

Thanks!!

January 5, 2017 at 9:53 am

Not a concern, your doctor panel will issue a letter for the same, upload that to CIC application and they will approve it for examination later on.

• January 5, 2017 at 3:45 am

Dear Rachel,
    I’m married but I plan to apply alone with a CRS of 457. If I include my wife we would have a CRS of 442. Do you think it would make sense to wait for a cut-off lower than 442?
    Thank you and all the best in 2017!

January 5, 2017 at 9:53 am

Try to wait and include your wife if you dont want to waste time later bringing her as PR in Canada.

• January 5, 2017 at 1:32 pm

Thank you Rachael! .. do you have a rough idea about how long it would take to bring my wife as PR later?

• January 5, 2017 at 4:43 am

Rachel

For how long you think the oinp human capital priorities stream will stay active before reaching its quota?

January 5, 2017 at 9:52 am

We expect not more than 4 months

• January 5, 2017 at 4:54 am

Does the spouse´s foreign work experience counts in EE?

January 5, 2017 at 9:52 am

No it does not.

• January 5, 2017 at 5:28 am

My CRS score is 396.Do you think Ontario PNP will lower the cut off.

January 5, 2017 at 9:52 am

396 stands no chance at all, go for LMIA roles or go for SINP or PEI.

Email us at – consultant@oopnp.com

• January 5, 2017 at 10:52 am

What are the chances of 451 score, and also PINP chances for 0121 noc code

January 5, 2017 at 11:40 pm

You should submit to SINP for your NOC and receive approval. Send profile right away at – consultant@oopnp.com for submission.

• January 5, 2017 at 12:11 pm

Hi Racheal,
    CRS score is 451 in EE considering my wife. I am optimistic on this score to get ITA in coming months based on your predictions and current trend.
    My query is for Ontario PNP. Do I need to do withdraw my EE profile and reapply when Ontario opens up for PNP (probably by end of January) or should I just be complacent with current profile and wait for Ontario officials to select my profile.

My experience is 10years in R&D under NOC 2132. All 10 years in same company since my post-graduation.

Regards,
    Jawahar

• January 6, 2017 at 9:41 am

Hi Rachel

Thanks for thoae precious advices 🙂

I have a concern tegarding POF does cic request a bank statement or bank letter?!
    Because my job transfer my housing my expenses….etc every February and my monthly salary for the previous months doesn’t cover the 20000 CAD needed
    Will the cic understand the issue i write him a letter to explain the situation or the money has to stay 6 months?!
    Do i have to withdraw my profile until 6 months pass?!
    What do u think
    Thanks Rachel

• January 6, 2017 at 11:15 pm

Hi Rachel,

Could you help me with a query as I got my work permit in June 2016 and worked for 3 months. And, I got Layoff for 2 months. I joined back the same company again in December 2016. Can I be able to apply For PR under Express Entry in June 2017 as I will be finishing 1560 hours by that time? Will Layoff affect my work experience?

January 12, 2017 at 8:37 am

Yes it will since it needs to be continuous experience, so once you complete 1 year apply after that.

• January 7, 2017 at 4:23 am

HI Racheal,
    CRS 403, Eligible in 2 categories FSW and CEC since October 2016. NOC 2171 still haven’t received any PT invite from ONIP. What are the chances ?

Regards,
    Gani

• January 7, 2017 at 10:31 am

Hi Rachel my CR’s score is 448 when can I expect an ITA and is there any hope in for me in near future or not.

January 7, 2017 at 10:36 am

448 has no hope until end of 2017, go for LMIA or PNP right away.

• January 9, 2017 at 6:29 pm

Hi Rachel,

My Ielts score is expiring on February 7th, 2017. Currently, I am at 464. Should I register right away for IELTS or wait till February draw? I hope that I can save my $350. Thank you.

T

January 12, 2017 at 8:31 am

You already have ITA now, congrats.

• January 7, 2017 at 2:37 pm

Hi Rachel

Does CIC needs a bank statement or letter and is it a must to keep money for 6 months?!

• January 7, 2017 at 6:14 pm

Rachael,

Do you think Express entry will mantain a downward trend the whole year, or its going to have its ups and downs?

• January 8, 2017 at 1:50 am

Hi rachel whats the score for sales manager lmia i mean 50 or 200?
    Thanks
    Ikram

• January 9, 2017 at 6:45 am

Could you please suggest how shall i request cic not to let my current employer know that i am applying for canadian PR via EE.

• January 9, 2017 at 1:38 pm

Hi Rachel

I have CIMA Certificate level from UK along with BA(HONS) from UK as well. CIMA Certificate is equivalent to Level 4 Diploma in UK, I sent my documents to IQAS for equivalency and they only evaluated my University Degree not CIMA which is a professional Qualification. I have checked other evaluators as well but no one is doing Professional qualification assessment. This has left me 33 points adrift, as with CIMA my CRS Score is 474 but without CIMA, I am stuck at 441. What is your suggestion what should I do?

Thanks

• January 9, 2017 at 11:06 pm

Rachael,

My score is 467 ,and I am applying under CEC.

Just want to know if I have to show POF ? I entered 0 dollar in amount I am bringing ,so as to avoid getting invitation in FSW

Also If draw score will go down soon ?

Thank you for reply….

Kind regards,

January 12, 2017 at 8:30 am

CEC does not need POF.
      Scores will come down for sure but whether they will go below 460 still remains to be seen.

• January 11, 2017 at 8:49 pm

Hi Rachel,
    Is the OINP for Masters stream open?
    I have a CSR of 424 and will graduate in March.
    Thanks!

January 12, 2017 at 8:29 am

OINP for Master’s stream is always open, you can apply for that right after graduation.
      To start an application earlier (suggested), email us at – consultant@oopnp.com

• January 11, 2017 at 11:15 pm

Hi Rachel, i have a score of 448 With Lmia approved ( 398+50). What are my chances. ?? If not suggest me something.

January 12, 2017 at 8:28 am

448 may have chances by March 2017 or earlier.

• January 19, 2017 at 6:31 am

Hi will have 457 points once I complete 1 year Canadian experience by June 2017. If I add my back home 1 year continuous work experience point becomes around 485. But, I worked as an assistant engineer for a non-engineering company, therefore, I was not supervised by any senior engineer. But, I have my job letter, duties, salaries+ benefits mentioned in the latter approved by COO of the company. Can I show this experience? or keep 457 until I get ITA? Any suggestions? Thank you.