OINP Cut-Off to remain above 450, bring Residency Law – OINP 001- Internal Memo

Free Canada Immigration Consultancy - Fill up and Submit

This post has been viewed 37,786 times

Hello Readers,

Recently we published article where we quoted an OINP employee discussing with us that the OINP cut-off CRS scores for invitation may well remain above 450. The policy was under consideration and was not finalised yet. The score was decided after last year decision to keep CRS at 400 and the number of candidates filling up for nomination went over the roof. OINP is still trying to clear backlogs and issuing AOR’s for March applicants while the nominations are yet to arrive for applicants pending January onwards.

Keeping this in mind, OINP office had an “INTERNAL MEMO” circulated to

calculate a rough count of the candidates currently in the pool with CRS scores of 450 and above. OOPNP.com has physical access to the memo but we are unable to publish that currently on our website since that would be against the privacy laws and the person who shared this information will be held accountable. But we are certain that OINP decision makers are currently deciding upon raising the CRS scores higher to make sure the same debacle does not happen again.

With these upcoming changes, SINP recently opened its Occupation-In-Demand applications accepting 700 candidates which was filled in short time. There are chances that other streams in SINP 2016 quota will be opened soon for applications. Since these quota applications are in real high demand, aspirants are advised to make sure they have account ready and logged in to submit their applications on time.

Another important point mentioned in the discussion table is whether OINP should enforce a guideline similar to NBPNP-001 that the principal applicant getting nomination will remain a physical resident of the province. Under this new RESIDENCY LAW, candidates will be required to sign and submit a written commitment of living and working in the province.

This will be valid for the candidates taking the Express Entry Route.

All these changes are not finalised yet but we are expecting these changes to be implemented when OINP opens next on Nov 25 or earlier.

We are scheduled for another dialogue with this OINP employee and we will notify our readers about any other specific developments.

Cheers

mm
at
Michael Sean Winters in an expert in Student immigration to Canada and has helped numerous students in their successful immigration and settlement across various provinces in Canada.

47 thoughts on “OINP Cut-Off to remain above 450, bring Residency Law – OINP 001- Internal Memo

• September 6, 2016 at 7:55 pm

hey me and my husband have score of 474 points, what are our chances of getting the ITA by the year end?

September 7, 2016 at 12:52 pm

474 is a good score, you will possibly get ITA within this year for sure.

• September 7, 2016 at 5:01 pm

Hello me and my husband have score of 462 points, what are our chances of getting the ITA and any chances getting job offer with LMIA (NOC CODE : 1223)

• September 9, 2016 at 10:41 pm

hi
    As per your last post that Ontario may raise CRS score to 450.

Do you think that a person with 470+ score will go for OINP as he has better chance in CIC draw.

or there might be a case where ONIP may send interest letter to candidate with score more than ,for example 430+???

September 11, 2016 at 8:19 am

Hi,

There have been chances where people sitting at 450 thought of getting direct ITA and left OINP invitations. But we all know it never happened and it may never happen in near future. So if you get OINP invitation, always take that since that extra money spent may well of your advantage one day.

• September 18, 2016 at 1:29 am

Hello Ms Clark,

I have crs score of 462 and have an active express entry profile. My question is that when OINP opens on or before 25 November and if they have a cut off less than my score, will i automatically get an ITA from them? Can there be a chance that i don’t get an ITA even if my score is more than the cutoff… Thanks!

September 19, 2016 at 8:46 am

If your score stays above 450, you will get automatic ITA. Sometimes, it’s highly recommended to delete and recreate your profile when OINP starts sending invitation just to make sure it stays refreshed in the system.

• September 23, 2016 at 1:15 am

Thanks for your reply. Suppose if i get the Oinp ITA, can I hire your services to file for me so that i am sure that i provide all the required docs in the right format and standards desired by cic and oinp. I, essentially, don’t want to take any chances. In case you do offer such service, please let me know the charges on the email from which I’m posting this message. Extremely sorry if this is not the the right place for this comment.

• September 18, 2016 at 10:49 am

Hi Rachel, I have 418 points. What are my chances of success in express entry/any pnp.

September 19, 2016 at 8:45 am

PNP nomination is only chance for you at the moment, unless the laws change drastically to let CRS fall to 400 🙂

• September 20, 2016 at 3:18 am

Hi racheal, what are the chances of Manitoba exploratory visit coming out this year”2016″

September 20, 2016 at 11:39 am

Expect any confirmations after the immigration policy changes are announced.

• September 21, 2016 at 8:43 am

Hi Rachael,

Myself, Jigar Trivedi and my current score is 402. I want to know your views and opinion on whether I hold any chance f getting OINP. If not OINP, then what other options should I look upon ?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Jigar

September 21, 2016 at 9:06 am

You have OINP chances considering the policies and laws do not change, but if they do probably try SINP or other PNP options.

• September 26, 2016 at 5:15 pm

Hello me and my husband have score of 462 points, what are the chances of getting the ITA. IF OPNP start sending PNP nominations will it receive automatically for noc code 1223.

• October 4, 2016 at 12:46 pm

Hello
    As we are hearing since long time that CIC is going to make major changes in Immigration policies, process in the Fall that means either in October or November.
    So I would like to know what what changes we can expect from CIC , will they increase the PNP quota and reduce the processing time?

Currently OINP processing time is almost a year many people who got AOR from November and December applicants are waiting for nomination still and they haven’t yet consumed the full PNP quota of 2015 and 2016.

Thanks in advance

October 4, 2016 at 7:29 pm

OINP is not working to its full efficiency and our understanding is that – They are doing deliberately.

The announcement for changes is expected but well who knows when it will come. PNP is one of the most delayed process now a days and we are sure they are issuing nominations only till the amount where the number of candidates do not exceed the final call by cic.

• October 4, 2016 at 9:55 pm

Hello,

I have a score of 418. Now my wife too is going to have her IELTS and ECA done. Will this help? what could be the maximum score I cld increase from the ielts and eca of my wife?

October 4, 2016 at 10:00 pm

Yes of course it will help, her IELTS score and ECA for her education will get you extra points to your CRS. Depends on the results of your ECA and IELTS score you will get additional 10-20 points may be more for Master’s education.

• October 4, 2016 at 10:11 pm

Thanks Rachael,

Yes She does has a Masters Degree. I have also applied for Prince Edward Island, haven’t heard back anything regarding that. How long does it take for their processing and when would I know if the PNP worked out or not? thanks again!

• October 13, 2016 at 6:31 pm

Dear Racheal,
    I have 426 crs points,name in express entry pool under HSW stream of Human priority since Nov 2015 and waiting for PNP nomination.Is it possible before lapse of 12 month.What is further advice for further line of action as an expert.

October 13, 2016 at 7:05 pm

Your CRS is good enough for Ontario that too if Ontario decides to keep the CRS cut-off at 400. I would suggest you to consider other provincial nominations instead of waiting for Ontario. Personally i would wait till November end before pursuing other PNP’s since OINP is expected to open in November 2016.

• October 15, 2016 at 2:16 pm

My CRS score is 417 , is there any chance of getting ITA from Ontario , Nova Scotia or , PEI . ?

October 15, 2016 at 3:19 pm

Ontario and NS should be good for you. Try for them.

• October 22, 2016 at 1:27 pm

Hi,

We had received AOR from oinp but our points are reducecd to 390 due ti expiry of secondary applicant ielts result. What are the chances of getting nomination in this situation..?

October 22, 2016 at 2:24 pm

You should get nomination, the IELTS score has to be valid on the date you get AOR and since you already had it before your score expired, there should be no issues.

However, you need to do your IELTS for PR application since it has to be valid when you submit your PR App;

• November 7, 2016 at 6:40 pm

I have 376 points in the Express pool. how can I pnp or connect with genuine overseas recruiters.

November 7, 2016 at 9:59 pm

Check your email sent by our consultant team member today.

• December 20, 2016 at 3:19 pm

Hi
        My CRS points are 356, as i can read the above mentioned replies, i dont expect any ITA..Can you please suggest the best possible route for the possible invitation.

December 20, 2016 at 4:51 pm

Email sent out to you.

• November 10, 2016 at 7:06 pm

Hi I am currently in the pool with a score of 410 ,are there any chances for Ontario pnp. My partners ECA is pending ,if i get it done will it add any further points.

Please guide me with a perfect way for Canada.

November 13, 2016 at 7:21 pm

How many points you stand to gain on ECA completion, if not above 430 go ahead with PNP / LMIA unless you are looking to wait 6 months to get ITA.

• November 14, 2016 at 7:17 am

Hi Rachel,

Me and my husband have a score of 470. Do we have chance for ITA in near future. And are we eligible for PNP. If so do we need to send expression of interest to each province or do we get an automatic request if we keep our option open to all provinces.
    Thanks for your time!

November 14, 2016 at 8:47 am

470 stands a good chance for ITA in next draws this year. You will be eligible for Ontario pnp if it opens, for SINP and PEI PNP please consult us at – consultant@oopnp.com

• November 21, 2016 at 9:36 am

Hi there,
    Thanks so much for all your useful information to date. I’m sure you have been asked this many times before but just wondering –
    My CRS score is 427 and that is at maximum (No Canadian Exp/Education)
    My only hope is a PNP from perhaps Ontario. What I am wondering is, realistically given the changes that have occured over the last few days, how likely is a score such as that to get an ITA?
    I have also been reading various views about deleting current profile and opening an new one? What is your view on that and if it is something that is done? Should I wait until OINP actually opens (if it does) or should I take a chance , say on the 24th November and start a new one?

Best wishes,

Karen

November 21, 2016 at 7:09 pm

If OINP opens at 400 or above, and you have CRS of 427, YOU SHOULD GET ITA. Now, there has been chances when despite having CRS above 400,people never received OINP invitation. So i would suggest you to go ahead and try for other PNP that you can apply for to make sure you don’t stay in this loop eternally.

• December 11, 2016 at 5:22 pm

Hi,
    My husband has a CRS of 401 and mine is 360. What are the chances of getting OINP this year or early next year?
    How does one enquire for other PNPs?
    H

December 18, 2016 at 10:53 am

Possibly OINP may raise CRS cut-off so you both won’t be eligible. Go for PNP / LMIA, email us for services – consultant@oopnp.com

• December 30, 2016 at 6:16 pm

Hi
    I hav crs 401 wht abt my chances for selection in oinp(human capital stream) when is this stream expected to open. If no chance In this stream kindly suggest another better option.

• January 3, 2017 at 11:32 pm

Hi,
    We received OINP’s Nomination on our current CRS 411. Might be in next draw we may get ITA. My spouse’s IELTS getting expired in September 2017 which brings down score to 401 & further in the month of October 2017 I will loose 5 points because of my age. So by that time if my CIC/ IRCC processing doesn’t get completed my CRS would be 396 (excluding 600 of PNP). As OINP says in their guideline to maintain CRS above 400 till the time both OINP & Permanent Resident processing gets completed else the nomination will be withdrawn.
    Please suggest necessary measures need to be taken.

• January 24, 2017 at 11:33 am

Hey Rachael,

Hope you are doing well!! I have a CRS of 450, with noc 1122. Are there chances for me to get an ITA directly or should I be applying through the provinces. Also do you have any idea as to which provinces I can apply with that noc and what are my chances?

Thanks.

• January 24, 2017 at 11:40 am

Also I forgot to add, I have just made my EE profile and the draw that came out recently had a cut-off of 459, so do you think it can get any lower than that?

January 29, 2017 at 3:36 pm

We are not expecting this to get at 450 levels but who knows, wait for next 54th draw.

• January 29, 2017 at 2:11 am

Hi Rachel
    Currently me and wife stand at a CRS ranking of 369 What are the chances for PNP to ontario or PEI ? I have applied PNP for PEI is thr any possibility to increase the score to be eligible for ontario ?

Thanks