Before you read ahead, we should be clear that these instructions DO NOT REFER TO Federal Skilled Trades Program.
1) Find out if you are eligible to apply or Not, you can do by visiting the CIC Website here.
2) You must have your LANGUAGE TEST RESULTS. For IELTS, CLB Level 7 is a minimum requirement for all four sections if you want to apply for the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW), Provincial Nomination Program (PNP) or Canadian Experience Class (CEC) streams. CLB 10 gives you the maximum scores in this section. How much points you got here, well check that via the following CIC LINK TO LANGUAGE SCORE CHART.
3) If your highest degree is not Canadian, you will need to get ECA done from a recognised agency. You can get this Education Credential Assessment done by WES as we have already outlined in our separate post, Check that here. You can read more about this on CIC website via this specific link.
4) Make sure you check that your Skills match the specific NOC code which should not be wrong. You can check what code applies best to your skills, this specific NOC WEBSITE. Your occupation must be NOC 0, A, or B for FSW or CEC.
5) Once you have all documents ready, you will need to create a CIC profile to get into the pool. You will have to VISIT THIS CIC LINK to sign up for Express Entry Profile. Once your sign up is completed, you will need to make sure that you have registered for JOB-BANK, this is an essential part without which your profile will not activate.
Your profile will get points based on number of factors like age, number of years of experience, language skills and other factors. You can find more details about these points here on CIC link. This step will get you into a pool with other applicants, the details of the pool is available here on CIC WEBSITE.
It’s a simple fact, more points means better chances of selection. The maximum points for a candidate is 1,200 out of which if one has a PNP offer or a job letter from a LMIA profile, you will get a maximum of 600 points.
If one is applying for CEC category, one can get a maximum of 600 points but if you don’t have any work experience from Canada, you can only apply for Federal Skilled Workers category and can receive a maximum of 520 points.
6) After every step is completed, you can wait for INVITATION TO APPLY (ITA) from CIC. In the meantime, you can do the following steps –
a) Make sure you have means to pay for the Application Fee, which comes to CAD $550 each for principal applicant and spouse and RPRF Fee of CAD $490 each for principal applicant and spouse, more details about these fee is listed here.
b) Document how you will provide the proof of funding, more details here.
c) Check for Police Clearance Certifications from your country. More Details here.
d) Find out how to get the medical certification done from your country, Details listed here.
e) Try and get the job letters from your previous jobs from which you are counting on points for. You need to have at least 12 months of continuous full-time work experience before you apply. You can also have an equal amount in part-time, skilled work experience. Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week.
f) Go ahead and do your research on places where you want to stay in Canada.
Well that’s it, go ahead and fill up your profile. Go ahead with the express entry application.
Did you face any difficulty or have any doubts regarding this, let us know via comments section and we will try to help you in all possible ways.